What ferret insurance policies do we offer?
- Vet fee cover for accidental injury or illness up to £2,000 per pet, per policy period
- Vet fee cover for accidental injury or illness up to £2,000 per policy period
Alternatively you can call us on 0345 982 5505
Should you get pet insurance for your ferret?
Your ferret is a member of your family, and you care for him in the same way. Unfortunately, should you ferret become ill and require vet treatment, costs can quickly escalate. Treating ferrets can be expensive. That's where pet insurance comes in. Insurance can mean the difference between the treatment your ferret needs, and what you can afford.
Own more than one ferret? Our Premier policy offers the same level of cover for each ferret, so that you don't need to worry about trying to spread your vet fee cover around.
"In May 2016 my pet ferret became quite ill - he was unable to walk, wouldn't eat and lost about a third of his body weight in a couple of weeks. He was ill for about 4 months, requiring hand feeding every 4 hours for about 2 months, before he eventually started eating on his own volition again.
For those that don't know, ferrets are expensive to treat even for (what turned out to be) a minor illness. We found ourselves at the vets weekly, if not more, for medication, pain reduction, blood tests, overnight stays etc.
The final bills came to something like £1600. I was aware throughout that not all would be covered by the insurance (specialist emergency food cost us a couple of hundred over the two months) but I can't express what a relief it was to know he was covered for the remainder.
The money was received about a week after each claim was submitted. The staff were friendly and answered all my questions efficiently. I was told afterwards that I could have actually had them pay the vets directly, which is something I'd consider in the future.
Thankfully he is a happy and healthy ferret at the moment, and while his health is worth every penny we paid (and would have paid even if not covered), it was nice to be able to claim back a large chunk of the bills.
Thank you for making the claiming process so easy and for being friendly and attentive on the phone when called."
With thanks to Kristen for sharing her experience with us via Facebook on 11th June 2017
- We've been insuring exotic pets since 1996 - meaning that we have many years of experience when it comes to understanding the problems you may face as a pet owner
- 93% of our customers renew their policies with us - demonstrating our commitment to customer service.
- As a small team we can offer you a more personalised experience. We don't believe in large call centres, where you may not speak to the same person more than once.
- We aim to process claims within 5 working days, offering you that extra peace of mind
- We offer a (0% APR) Direct Debit scheme, meaning you can spread payments easily over 10 monthly installments.
Alternatively you can call us on 0345 982 5505Love to read about ferrets? We've written a great article about Looking after and caring for a ferret