How much does Guinea Pig insurance cost?
To insure your Guinea Pig it can cost from around £4 a month over 10 months. This is based on our Basic policy covering death and theft for a Guinea Pig.
Why choose ExoticDirect?
- We've won the Feefo Gold Trusted Service award 2019. And our customers have awarded us 4.4/5 stars on Feefo for customer experience. Check out our customer reviews on Feefo
- We specialise in exotic pets - and have been doing so since 1996
- No initial payment required by Direct Debit. Simply choose one of three dates you’d like your Direct Debit to come out, and payments will begin then
- 79% of our customers renew their policies with us
- We aim to process claims in 5 working days
- We can pay your vet directly
- Direct Debit payments are spread over 10 months
This cover offers vet fee cover for an accident, sickness or disease up to £2,000, per pet. You can cover up to three pets on a policy.
We’ve designed this policy, because we know how expensive vet fees can get – and if all three of your piggies were to get ill at once, you’d want as much cover as possible.
The policy offers £2,000 of cover per pet.
This policy will cover your Guinea Pig for £2,000 of vet fee cover, for accident, sickness or disease for a policy period of 12 months.
You can cover up to three pets on a policy, and the £2,000 of cover will be spread out between them.
Some general policy information and dental cover
- The excess per course of treatment is £65.
- Policies are valid for 12 months from the date of purchase - you’ll be able to make a vet fee claim after the 14th day* (unless otherwise stated on your certificate of insurance).
- No prolonged waiting period for dental cover - you don’t need to wait for two years before you can make a claim for dental fees. 14 days after having insured your pet (unless otherwise stated on your Certificate of Insurance), your piggy will be fully covered for vet fees*.
*This is subject to Terms & Conditions.
What our customers say
“Easy company to use, great prices” – review received on 9th March 2018 for a small mammal policy.
“Claims handled and paid very quickly” – review received on 15th March 2018 for a tortoise policy.
“Excellent customer service really nice people to talk to.” - review received on 6th April 2018 for a reptile policy.
Alternatively, call us on 0345 982 5505.
Check out our Guinea Pig care articlesWhen can Guinea Pigs go outside?